Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tenby's talents in Seussical Musical


SEUSSICAL Jr. MUSICAL

Hey! All you musical enthusiasts, what are your plans from December 12 to 15? Keep those dates free because you may just want to catch two of our very own Tenby International School's young budding talents' star performances in the Seussical Jr. Musical!

Siblings, Summer (Year 4B) and Seth Yew's (Year 6E) involvement in the Seussical musical was purely by luck, sheer lady luck as you would have it...! Their mother, Antonia Lau explains, "On a whim, I called in to Traxx FM and won two boot camp passes for my kids. I was ecstatic! The entire family was...! Well, who wouldn't be?! It is, after all a Tiara Jacquelina production!"

Summer and Seth were first assessed vocally. They were then put through three gruelling weekends of intensive singing, dancing and acting lessons prior to the audition performance. They graduated the bootcamp and passed the auditions, and will be, from now leading up to the performance dates, going for rehearsals five to six days a week, each session lasting no less than two hours! Talk about paying a price for fame! They will join the rest of the Enfinity Academy cast in the Seussical performances which will run from December 12 to 15. I can't wait to catch the Yew siblings' sterling performances at the PJ Live Arts Theatre Jaya One, can you...?
Seth and Summer getting an encouraging hug from Tiara Jacquelina!


IN THEIR OWN WORDS...

Summer:

"I'm having so much fun being in this show. I have made so many new and wonderful friends! I really enjoy it because I love singing, acting and dancing. I'm learning so much about musicals. My roles for the show are: Fish, Who Family 1, The Circus Barker and Jungle Citizen (same as circus animals). I hope you can come and watch the musical and me! See you there!"

Seth:
"I feel really lucky to be in this musical because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The triple threat training has made me more confident on stage and I enjoy it tremendously with the new friends I met. Everyone in the cast is so nice. It's always fun at rehearsals and never boring! I really like musicals but I never expected that I would perform in one. This is such an awesome experience!"



THE CAST IN ACTION...
Summer (in fur hat) may be the youngest cast member, but she's expressive!
Seth (extreme right) in a whimsical mood!
Summer (front row, extreme left in fur hat) and Seth (next to Summer) get into their roles!
"We're having great fun! We sure hope you will too!"


THE SHOW

Featuring an all-student under-18 cast, with the youngest member at 8 years old (that's our Summer Yew), and the oldest at 18, this is a fun-filled musical not to be missed! Based on acclaimed writer, poet and cartoonist Dr Seuss' books and characters, the musical will appeal to both young and old. It will incorporate several music genres that will be featured throughout the 75-minute show, from rock-n-roll, to jazz, samba, funk and soul. If you or your children grew up reading Dr Seuss', "The Cat in the Hat", "Horton Hears a Who!", "Green Eggs & Ham" and "The Grinch", etc., this musical will take you down memory lane. It's a professional musical for the public, directed and choreographed by U.K. West-End performer Stephen Rahman-Hughes.

Summer is all smiles as she is photographed with the very engaging actor, singer and
multi-award winning choreographer, Stephen Rahman-Hughes

A personalised flyer...ingenious publicity for media rollout! 




Musicals are, by nature, theatrical, meaning poetic, meaning having to move the audience's imagination and create a suspension of disbelief, by which I mean there's no fourth wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment